Remembering, finding and owning your strengths during a time of crisis or life challenge can be one of the essential pieces that helps to guide women through.
It is really common during a life challenge, grief or loss, when the rug has been pulled out from under you, you feel like you’re in free fall.
- Nothing is working.
- Everything is going wrong.
- Your life is in pieces.
- You don’t know where to start to put it together.
This feeling of helplessness can generate feelings of overwhelm and anxiety to accompany your grief. Welcome to the melting pot of difficult emotions and depletion ladies!
Steps to find your strengths are:
- Press pause, take time out. Spinning your wheels will get you nowhere and sometimes just learning to say no and take the time out you need can be the first step.
- Look after your health. You can’t even begin to see clearly without these pieces in place. That means, your body health, your mind health and your heart health. Read more about that here.
- Ask yourself- what has worked for me in the past when I have been through a challenge? Visualise difficult times in the past- how have your navigated them? Can you use these skills again this time?
- Ask yourself- when am I at my best? Picture a great day or moment in your life, a time you have the opportunity to shine. What were you doing? How were you feeling? Can you take these skills and feelings and use them now in any way to help you navigate?
- Ask a friend or a loved one- what do you think my greatest strengths are? Often, we are blind to our own strengths. We may use them day in and day out so naturally, we don’t even stop to think about it. Or we assume everyone does that – don’t they? Asking a friend can help shed some light. Once you’ve heard your friends opinion- accept their observations and ask yourself- how can these strengths help me right now?
Finding your strengths and owning your strengths can be two different things. Once you have spent time finding your strengths ask yourself:
Can I step in, really own them and use them to help me transform?
Like to know how to step forward and Rise UP through life setbacks?
Find out more about our retreats here.