The feeling of overwhelm is really common experience for women navigating grief or a challenging time.
Suddenly the simplest of tasks become a challenge, you forget things, you lose your way, you feel confused, scrambled, like your brain is a messy tipped out jigsaw and you can’t see clarity.
- Someone has given you two things to do and you’ve already forgotten one of them.
- You’re losing the contents of your handbag at the supermarket checkout and can’t find your car keys.
- Your brain is foggy.
- You start doing a job, get half way through, forget what you’re doing, feel frustrated and a whole day goes past in circles.
- Everyone else has it together and you don’t.
- Your hair is in your face, you can’t find a matching pair of socks and can’t decide what to wear.
Welcome to overwhelm ladies!
Sigh. A common symptom of a brain that’s under stress. Read more about overcoming stress here.
The clear, open, decisive big picture part of your brain that sees all sides takes a holiday. While the reactive emotional brain takes over. The see saw in the brain!
Steps for managing overwhelm:
- Press pause. Stop everything and just sit for a moment. Make some tea and free your to-do list for just a few minutes.
- Breathe. Relax the belly, take slow breaths and lengthen the exhalation. This calms the nervous system and helps the brain.
- Get clear. Clear on how you feel, name it. Clear on your values, prioritise them. Clear on your boundaries, don’t be afraid to set them and let go.
- Prioritise. What is the one thing that’s important right now? Just do that. One thing only.
Tune into this podcast here with the essential pieces YOU need to transform overwhelm into calm clarity. IN this podcast you will learn:
In this podcast you will learn:
- The two most common reactions we have when feeling overwhelmed.
- The four key reasons for overwhelm as well as simple strategies to address each of them.
- How learning to set boundaries is an essential step in reducing overwhelm
- Three essential and very simple strategies you can start today to reduce your overwhelm
Tune into this podcast here.
Like to learn more tips to manage overwhelm, find calm clarity and build resilience? Our Rise UP Women’s Retreats and online programs offer YOU valuable tools and the time out you need to start looking after YOU.
Find out more here